Monday, October 1, 2012

Ensemble du Jour - 9-28-12

On Friday, I took off work to go to my favorite antiques show. It's twice a year and each time I go, I find something great.  Past purchases have included structured bags, great hats, linens and gold cases.  I don't always go with a plan in mind but I usually end up with something great.

The show is held in a big farm field so boots are necessary.  I went with a bit of a "modern Victorian" look wearing my ruffly Betsey Johnson knee-high boots and a mini-straw hat headband.



''I should have brought a parasol as I usually do, because it was warmer and sunnier than I had anticipated.  But it all worked out for the best, because I found a darling French flax (I think) parasol which I promptly put to good use.

I also found a beautiful ladies English boating hat and two Fall hued table cloths which I will be using in my bakery booth next month. 










I'm always excited to wear my new purchases and we had great weather on Sunday, so I paired my new hat with white and coral Zara dress which I topped with a navy blazer from Anthropologie.  I also wore white wingtip oxfords and another previous show purchase, a white wicker purse.  It was perfect for a bookstore visit and stroll outside.

(I have got to set up my good camera with the timer and tripod!)



I hope I don't have to put these away until Spring.  Maybe there are a few more warm Fall days ahead.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Cute outfit! Love the parasol.